Legend of Zelda RP Forum - Fallback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a site dedicated to the Legend of Zelda RP forum on Fan Fiction, it is a fall back should Fan Fiction be down and we are unable to post.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)

Go down 
+6
Tigger
JohnnyCage
TangoOscar
shadow7900
RobotOwl
Hillsy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:33 am

Kotake stopped her attack and swirved on her broomstick, letting Deserax's fire hit the wall behind her. She threw her head back and cackled again.
Back to top Go down
http://tango-oscar.deviantart.com/
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 am

Koume had decided to advance on Gwene, focusing her fire, she fired a beam of pure heat at Gwene.

On instinct, Gwene held up her shield, thanks to the polished surface of the Mirror Shield, the beam of fire deflected off of it and flew straight at Kotake.

Ganondorf had rode away on his stallion and dove right into one of the paintings and rode up the path towards the castle, laughing as he went, then suddenly, he was gone. Then, all around them, Ganondorf was riding back towards them, which painting was the real one?
Back to top Go down
https://lozrp.forumotion.com
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am

Kotake didn't this coming and was almost knocked off her broomstick. In an angry retalliation, she fired a blast of ice at Gwene.

Konbei, Nuala and Celeste turned so they were back to back and watched the paintings. Which ever on was the real Ganondorf, they would be ready.
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 am

From their blind spot, Ganondorf leapt from the painting and threw several balls of electricity at the three.

Gwene deflected the beam of ice off of the Mirror Shield, it impacted with Koume and she squealed in pain, she shook it off and flew to a new vantage point.
Back to top Go down
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:04 am

Nuala reacted defensively and threw up a shadow barrier to protect them from the electricity balls.
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:06 am

Ganondorf flew across them and went through the painting on the opposite side of the room, cackling as he disappeared.
Back to top Go down
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 am

Konbei ran at the painting and stabbed his sword into it as Ganondorf went through it, but he was too late.

"Damn it!" He cursed and backed up again, ready for his next appearance.
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 am

Once again, Ganondorf, seemingly came at them from all of the paintings.

Gwene looked to Konbei "Here." she tossed the Mirror Shield to Konbei and pulled out her bow and a quiver full of arrows.
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Deserax wasn't able to do much. What with Ganon going from painting to painting. Deserax had an idea though. First, he had to get Ganon away from the paintings. He shot a few fire balls at each of the Ganon's trying to see if they were all clones, or if they where actually real bodies that could take damage.
Back to top Go down
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 am

Konbei caught the shield and held it ready. He had seen how Gwene had used to deflect the witchs' attacks; maybe he could do the same for Ganondorf's.

He watched carefully to see which one would react to Deserax's attacks.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:32 am

"A mere precaution, I assure you." the aristocrat explained. "I do not like unwelcomed guests, especially ones that are not worth the dirt they stand on. So I surround myself with...security; to get the commoners out of the way so I may greet the more worthy visitors in person."

He smiled innocently at the woman holdng a sword at him. "And I have just deemed you worthy of my attention; you should feel honored."
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 am

The boat was still moving- and, for the moment, no new enemies were appearing. Lyn decided she might as well humor this strange newcomer, and, though she lowered her sword, kept it still and at the ready, her fist clenched around its handle, ready to swing it at an instant's notice.

She raised an eyebrow, slightly curious. So his ideas of traps were to weed out foes he felt were "unworthy" of his opposition, yes? She had to admit, it made sense. At at his "compliment"... Unfazed and unafraid, she merely gave a grin.

"I'm flattered, truly," she responded, her voice curt and sharp, but also laced with a sort of sweetness- almost like a poisonous nectar, ready to be a friend- yet also an enemy, with the slightest provocation. Keeping her hand still on the handle of her sword- after all, she had no idea if this "Veritas" person was going to attack or challenge her- she smirked as she continued, "To what do we owe the honor of your presence, then?"
Back to top Go down
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am

(*sigh* Silly me...)

Last edited by JohnnyCage on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://batmanrp.forumotion.com/
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:25 am

"I merely wished to greet you in person." Veritas replied. "Twould make me a poor host if I neglected the guests of honor."

Without caring for the blade still ready to end his life, Veritas strolled across the deck of the ship,still talking to Lyn as he did so. "You see my dear, I have a deep appreciation for those who try to change the world; especially those who are successful. One generation of Heroes fall short of their dreams, so it falls to a new line to carry the flag. Then that generation falls short and must be succeeded, and so on and so forth. It is a dismal, and even pointless struggle to make the world a better place; yet for some reason, beyond all the past experience that claims otherwise, the strong souled continue to try to turn this rotting mound of earth we call Hyrule into a Utopia."

The aristocrat turned around and faced Lyn and Dalikos once again. "I am here because I have found two examples of these Heroes--these strong-souled individuals who continue to pursue their ideals despite the oppression of this dark dark world: I have found you two."
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 am

( Um... Johnny... Veritas is only with Lyn and Dalikos, they are on the ferry at the bottom of the Shadow Temple. XD Everyone else is above. )

Lyn was quiet as she allowed this Veritas to talk, though she kept her eyes on him as he strolled across the boat, speaking as he did so. She thought his speech slightly interesting, though all the ramble about heroes was beginning to bore her. She understood and related to his bitterness about Hyrule, and she was not about to argue with the good points he made. Nonetheless, her curiosity piqued near the end- especially when he finished his sentence, looking at her and Dalikos.

She almost wanted to laugh. Still, she kept herself at least somewhat restrained, grinning instead.

"You think we're heroes?" she asked, highly amused. She glanced towards Dalikos, shrugged, and looked back at Veritas, saying, "Maybe this guy, sure. An idiot, to be realistic, but at least his heart's in the right place." Once more she smirked dryly.

"As for me? Sorry, you must be mistaken."
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 am

"The term 'Hero' is subjective, my dear." Veritas chuckled. "One does not need to wish justice and peace for all in order to strive to change the world. One could dream to crush his enemies and rule the world, become fabulously wealthy and control the world market. Some even go so far as to try and change the laws of nature: to touch the heavens with artificial wings, to find paths to the Sacred Realm, or even..."

The aristocrat paused and looked nonchalantly at Lyn, a knowing smirk on his face. "...or even to stop the poison of time itself, and buy one's mother the medicine to live just one more day..."
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am

"Hey, I say low blow on that subject!" Dalikos said. He felt the boat wobble as it moved, but he remained strong in his stance.

"Really, to go that low." He shook his head. He was ready to take a step back in case the person had pressed the right button to make Lyn flip.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Lyn's eyes snapped open, a tense and shocked look gripping her face instantly as she stared, infuriated, at Veritas. She hardly even heard Dalikos- instead, her eyes focused intensely on Veritas. How... how did he know about that?!

She could feel her fist tensing tighter and tighter around the hilt of her blade. And when her voice came again, it was no longer like the sweet nectar from before- but like a dangerous, venomous poison, coming from the mouth of a snake which was ready to strike.

"She has nothing to do with this, Veritas. You will tell us what you want from us," she snarled, moving her other hand to grasp her sword and hold it now with both hands, "And you will leave- or you will die."
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm

"Indeed, she has nothing to do with this, Lyndia." Veritas smiled more, satisfied with the woman's reaction. "Which begs the question: why are you here at all? There are plenty of other ways to make money; the land of Hyrule is in no short supply of criminals. So why risk your life--and consequently the life of your dear mother--by traveling to a place as this? What brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:58 pm

What did he call her...?! That was impossible... How could he know...?!

Lyn tightened her fists around her sword, narrowing her eyes and clenching her teeth.

"I am honoring my contract," she snarled. "I have been paid to assist this group through the temple. And for the record," she added, raising her blade and holding it in front of her, "I AM one of those "criminals" of Hyrule. So don't think for a second that I won't run my blade through your heart!"
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Surprisingly, the last comment evoked a laugh out of the aristocrat, as if it were a hilarious joke.

"Lyndia, my dear," he sighed as he wiped a tear of laughter from his purple eye, "that would require me to have a heart to strike."
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Lyn narrowed her eyes.

"Then no one will miss you when you're gone," she replied darkly. She then lifted her heavy boardsword, in a position to attack.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Veritas stood where he was, unafraid of the deadly weapon coming towards him.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Though she had raised her sword, ready to attack, Lyn had not yet advanced upon the other. Something was holding her back, and her eyes were narrowed not only in anger and concentration, but also suspicion. This could be an elaborate trap. Or, it could have been his desire all along- to fight. Either way, she did not know enough to make a decision- at least, not yet.

But that didn't mean she wasn't going to do anything about it. And what he'd said wasn't going to go unnoticed- or, unpunished.

"Get out," she snarled.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Hastings

Theodore Hastings

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 am

"The guest asks the host to leave? Seems rather unorthodox, does it not?" Veritas chuckled. "However, I shall leave you in peace; there are other guests that deserve my attention."

The aristocrat wandered to the edge of the deck and turned his head to look at Lyn one last time.

"Do not think this shall be our last encounter, Lyndia. You are in my world now, and in this place only the Truth can set you free..."

Without another word Veritas stepped forward and plummeted into the murky waters below. There was no splash, no noise, no disturbance in the water at all; as if he had never existed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)
Page 32 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next