Legend of Zelda RP Forum - Fallback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a site dedicated to the Legend of Zelda RP forum on Fan Fiction, it is a fall back should Fan Fiction be down and we are unable to post.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)

Go down 
+6
Tigger
JohnnyCage
TangoOscar
shadow7900
RobotOwl
Hillsy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 am

So, he was going to try something. He was not a simple curious passer-by, or even someone who was trying to spy into her workings. No... He was trying to get involved. Would he blow her entire cover to the village? Unlikely. She was well-known and well-loved by the people of the town, and a single word from him would not change much. But she would still have to be careful- he could sabotage her entire mission. And especially at his last comment... Though she remained unfazed.

"Me?" she asked, raising her eyebrows lightly, though her expression unchanging. "Well, I'm sorry to sound rude, but rumors regarding me don't faze me much." She gave a grin as she said, "When you're the only person who works to support your family, well, you hear a lot of mud-slinging."
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 am

Dalikos put a hand on his chest.

"Oh, now that's never good! Mud slinging about a hard worker like you must be is not a goo thing to do!" He had a hint of fake sympathy, but some was real. He had to be careful how he let what he heard out.

"Well, lucky for you, this rumor isn't horrible one. But, from what i hear, you're looking for someone. Someone in particular. From what i could see, you got quite a lot of money. My guess is that it wasn't just for working hard at your farm."
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 am

Just because she had been covering up doesn't mean she had been lying. And his feigned sympathy quietly enraged her- did he think she was lying? Job or no job, her first stop was going to be home to drop off part of her downpayment to her mother... Still, she was careful to keep her emotions out of her expression, and continued to look at him with nonchalant, yet polite, interest.

Still, she had to concern herself with her response. He'd let on enough to know she was looking for someone, and perhaps it was not honest work. There was little reason to keep up even a slight facade- and, with a calm smile, leaning against the strong shoulders of her horse, she put her hands in her pockets as she said, "Perhaps I am. Working at the farm doesn't always cover the bills... I'm sure you understand that." She rose her eyebrows once again, her smile slightly fading, yet keeping cordial, as she finished, "Is there something I can help you with...?"
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:26 am

Dalikos smiled, still being kind, but about to get to the point.

"Yeah. I suppose you might have to do a little extra work at the farm." Dalkos shifted his position to holding his hands above his head, in a relaxing manner.

"I think, the person you may be looking for, is Nuala. Nuala Lorbane. I'm correct. Aren't I?"
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 am

And now he was telling her how to do her job? Her smile remained, though her dislike of the other rose.

He knew her target. And he even knew her last name- something Lyn herself didn't even know. Obviously he knew the woman well- and already, she was beginning to see what was happening. He was going to try and convince her to abandon her task. Well, considering the reward granted at the end... He would be hard-pressed to change her mind.

Lyn gave another grin, wrapping her arm around her horse's shoulder easily and leaning up against her. Filly nickered calmly, enjoying her master's close presence.

"I dunno," she said easily. "Are you?"
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:39 am

"I didn't mean the farm comment as an insult by the way, in case you took it that way. I was just simply agreeing with you." Dalikos thought he might have insulted her after the way he phrased that, so this was an apology of sorts.

"I'm sure i am. I also believe what you are. You are an mercenary. Some one who goes to the highest bidder. I don't have anything against them, unless there hunting me of course." Dalikos took out a pouch of water and drank from it real quickly, then placed it back on his waist.

"You seem like a nice person, but you should have the right to know this." He took a pause to let it sink into her for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:44 am

His apology didn't faze her much. She held an unfortunate, negative view of people in general- but she did make a mental note of it, all the same. And when he directly affirmed her position... There was little reason to continue to stick around. As he reached for his water and took a drink, she had quickly yet calmly put a leg into the stirrup of her horse's saddle, and swung herself over the large horse's back, comfortably sitting back in the saddle- though not yet taking hold of the reins. She looked down at him with a calm smile.

"I wouldn't speak so highly of me," she said calmly, looking down at him from her horse. She wasn't a 'nice' person... Far from it. Calmly she took the reins up in one of her hands, though still lying against the saddle- a subtle message that she was getting ready to leave. "Though if you've something to say, you're welcome to go ahead and say it," she added with a shrug. "Just please say it soon- the sun is starting to set for the day."
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 am

"Nuala has friends. I'm one of them, though I don't hang around them to much. At the moment, I'm trying to protect towns from all the recent monster attacks." He then took his hands from behind his head and put them by his sides, standing normally now.

"Nuala has a son, and a sister who can all do strong magic. Not to mention she usually is around other people who are more then capable of defending themselves. All I'm saying is, You have your work cut out for you. It's not an easy task. One last thing. If you find her while I'm around, I'll take you on as well. She's a friend, so I'll defend her." He went to the opposite wall, about to let her pass.

"I won't take it personal. It's your job. Thanks for the talk." He said still maintaining the nice tone.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 am

... Her target was a mother? Subconsciously, her hand which held the reins tightened their grip. She had only one rule as a mercenary: she would not kill children. But a mother was something different... Still, her expression remained unchanged. A friend of her target's, yet one who was confident enough to leave her be. Confident that she would either fail her mission, or that he would be there when she reached her target.

She returned the smile.

"Thanks for your concern," she said after him as he moved off to the side, indicating he would not hold her up any longer. "Like I said- I'm not that good of a person. But I am good at my job." She gave a light jerk to her reins, and Filly nickered, lightly tossing her head, now alert that they would be moving soon. As her horse walked forward slightly, freed of its ties to the post, Lyn stopped once beside the other, giving a small smile and looking down at him. She had a thought... and as a feeling rose to support it, she quickly dashed it away, another thought rising to take its place.

"I know I probably won't be able to buy your silence. But I could be bought time."
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 am

"Bought time..." Dalikos looked through his wallet, but had no rupees left.

"Sorry, but i'm fresh out." If it bothered him, he did a good job in not showing it.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 am

Hm... It was too bad. She was looking forward to killing two birds with one stone- getting some extra cash, and getting to spend the night with her mother.

But alas... Such was the way of the mercenary.

She gave a light shrug. "It happens." There was little else to be said. She had a job to do- and a stop to make on her way there. She gave a quiet click and lightly nudged her heels into Filly's side- nickering, the horse tossed her head, acknowledging the command.

"See you on the other side," she called out calmly, her eyes still ahead, as Filly slowly began to walk off, carrying Lyn with her.
Back to top Go down
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 am

"See you some time later!" Dalikos called out. Despite her being a mercenary, and her saying she wasn't a nice person, he still believed she was.

"I wonder what there all up to..." He thought.
Back to top Go down
RobotOwl

RobotOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Somewhere in Hyrule, a man sat. He wore a top hat, had snow white hair and eyes that kept on changing colour. He had a pleasent smile on his face while he played a funny little tune on a harp...

Suddenly though, he a wrong note, and shuddered. He tilted his head to one side, and frowned.

"...oh dear. Oh deary me." he said. And suddenly, he vanished.

Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Nayru had gathered all the energy she needed, she looked around at the others and flinched when she saw Steven had been killed. She put it from her mind and all of them disappeared in a flash and reappeared in the Castle Throne Room.

Someone was waiting for them, Ganondorf stood upon the statue of the goddesses, looking down upon them. "A welcome back, is in order, for those of you that returned." in his hand, he held the Execution Sword in its sheathe and the other was supporting himself on the statue.
Back to top Go down
https://lozrp.forumotion.com
shadow7900

shadow7900

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:34 pm

"Out one mess, and into the other..." Deserax when he heard the voice. When he looked up to see who it was, he groaned.

"Really?! You serious right now?! We have to- UGH!"
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Ganondorf's boot rested upon the Triforce of Power. "I can now see, I will never regain the Triforce of Power." he began to put his weight into his foot, and the statue began to crack. "But two pieces still remain, and they will be easy to claim." rocks coming undone from the statue began to fall and bounced along the floor. "But..." with an almighty push, the Triforce of Power seperated from the statue and smashed upon the floor below. "I don't think they will be of much use to me anymore."
Back to top Go down
RobotOwl

RobotOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Atticus put his hand on the hilt of his sword, and his eyes narrowed.

"Well, this is a development, is it not?"

A man wearing a top hat was leaning against the wall, watching the them.
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 pm

"Fear not." Ganondorf said "I am not here to kill you, just to gaze upon your dwindling numbers and reassure you there is no hope in the current task you are assigned with."

Nayru at this stage had gone to Farore and was comforting her as best she could.
Back to top Go down
RobotOwl

RobotOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 pm

"Wow, you really do give a good pep talk." the top hatted man said. "Such a downer, really."
Back to top Go down
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Ganondorf laughed coldly "Your days a numbered. I wish you the best and hope you live the last of them well." with that, he disappeared in a flurry of Twilight shadow.
Back to top Go down
RobotOwl

RobotOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 pm

The Tophatted Man sighed knowingly. "Ah, Ganondorf. So...dramatic."
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:51 am

Without a second glance behind at the boy, Lyn carried on with her task, riding calmly and quietly out of the main bustling of the village. Finally she arrived at a small, humble farm a few miles outside of Kakariko... silently, she had slipped inside, placing her entire sack of rupees by side of her mother's bed, where the old woman lay sleeping and mumbling despairingly in her sleep. Unfortunately, a kiss was all she could share with her aging mother as she placed one on her forehead, readjusted the covers, and, just as quickly as she had entered, turned and walked out.

She had a job to do.

Mounting her horse and lightly kicking her heels into Filly's side, Lyn turned away from the small farm, sending her horse into a light canter as she rode north, towards Castle Town- and towards Hyrule Castle.
Back to top Go down
TangoOscar

TangoOscar

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 am

"What the hell are we supposed to do about finding the entrance to the Evil Realm now that Din's dead?" Konbei spoke up.
Back to top Go down
http://tango-oscar.deviantart.com/
Hillsy
Admin
Hillsy

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:55 am

Gwene was sitting on the floor, overwhelmed by what had passed. Din, one of the Goddesses, slain mercilessly. But how was it possible? She was a goddess, they were supposed to be immortal, apparently that wasn't the case.

She looked to Konbei and gave a shake of her head "I.... I don't know..." she felt tears beginning to form.
Back to top Go down
RobotOwl

RobotOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:58 am

"Oh, come on, dear. I'm sure there is a way." the Top Hatted Man said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)   The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inner Gambit of Darkness - Continued (Part 4)
Page 3 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next